Associate Domestic Coordinator
Date of Posting:
Location: Syracuse, NY
- Report directly to the Domestic Manager.
- Learn basics of the domestic transportation industry.
- Assist in preparing domestic quotations for clients.
- Coordinate all aspects of client and carrier setup.
- Profitably arrange shipments using contracted carriers.
- Maximize brokerage coverage with carriers.
- Perform tracking and tracing of customer freight.
- Provide timely status updates to customers.
- Ensure shipments are properly dispatched daily.
- Complete routings with all appropriate documents.
- Negotiate with trucking companies to select carriers.
- Follow up on cargo around the clock as needed.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Associates degree required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Major/concentration in logistics, supply chain, business, accounting or other applicable field of study preferred.
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work in a small team environment.
- Creative thinking/problem solving skills.
- Ability to relate well with customers.
- Strong analytical abilities.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook) and data entry and management.
- Basic understanding of the transportation industry.
- STA and TSA/IAC certification training.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full array of benefit plans
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.