Cross Border Account Executive
Date of Posting:
Location: U.S./Canadian Border
The Brokerage Sales Executive is responsible for new business development selling full Brokerage services. Main responsibilities include prospecting new business and retaining client relationships with a primary focus on promoting Customs Brokerage (PAPS and PARS) as a platform. This position works to better understand clients’ cross-border supply chain, identify opportunities, and sell additional Mohawk Global brokerage and logistics solutions.
Proven ability to sell at a senior management level in clients and prospects. Generates revenue by developing market potential through prospecting, lead generation, qualifying opportunities, proposing solutions, forecasting and closing sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify new business opportunities, create and execute a contact management plan. Proficiency with CRM systems strongly desired.
- Develop a unique cold calling program to establish new client relationships.
- Work closely with internal teams such as Buffalo Ops, Corporate HQ, Finance, and sales specialists to develop strategic account plans.
- Develop a solid understanding of new and existing key account business. Review and analyze client business trends i.e. revenue and transactions for all Mohawk Global solutions.
- Identify and develop business growth and profitability strategy for each key account within designated territory along the border. Responsibilities are to include but not limited to marketing end-to-end logistics inclusive of air and ocean, import, export and domestic services.
- Develop business prospects and client base as well as maintain current client accounts.
- Contact business prospects and perform sales calls on new and existing clients.
- Create and deliver sales proposals to key prospects and clients
- Obtain and maintain complete & accurate information on prospective and existing clients in contact management database
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques in securing profitable business across all products.
- Clearly communicate the development of potential business throughout the sales cycle.
- Create and use sales presentation tools (e.g. PowerPoint).
- Work as a teammate with other members of the Mohawk team.
- Report sales activity on a weekly basis to management.
- Perform all administrative obligations within assigned deadlines.
Education, Experience & Desired Skills:
- HS diploma or equivalent required / college degree strongly preferred.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written).
- A minimum of 5 years with International Freight Forwarding experience and at least 5 years of Customs Brokerage/ Transportation/Logistics experience.
- Strong organizational and negotiation skills with the ability to drive change and deliver targeted results.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point.)
- CRM systems experience strongly desired.
- Proven success in gaining new business through prospecting.
- Good presentation & business writing skills.
- Solid verbal communication and an aggressive drive as well as commitment to develop and grow a client base.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Self motivated individual with a high level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrates strong problem solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of supply chain management and knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry.
- Ability to use consultative selling to secure and maintain business.
- Must understand impact of revenue on the profit and loss statement.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full array of benefit plans
Contact: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org