Director of Information Technology
Date of Posting:
Location: Syracuse, NY
This position is responsible for the coordination of information technology and information systems throughout the company. It directs and manages information systems and technology strategic plans, policies, programs, computer services, network communications, and management information services to accomplish Mohawk’s goals and objectives.
This position oversees all activities pertaining to corporate enterprise systems, freight management systems, corporate network, telecommunications technologies, and help desk.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct and actively participate in the planning, implementation, and upgrade of enterprise-wide IT systems in support of business objectives and to be responsive to company’s growth.
- Actively participate in both strategic planning and operating activities at both corporate and branch levels in order to manage IT strategic direction, and to effectively set and balance technology priorities and system development across the organization.
- Build and promote collaboration and transparency across the company over decisions on alignment of IT resources and strategic direction, including prioritization and timing of IT projects. Provide leadership and foster an environment of open dialogue.
- Oversee management of portfolio of technology projects using defined project management methodologies, effective communication with project champions/sponsors, and management of resources and other project constraints. Effectively prioritize and maintain control over project management activities.
- Effectively summarize status of projects, key IT activities and other relevant matters for senior management on a periodic basis.
- Develop and establish appropriate operating policies, technology standards and procedures to ensure the security of the information systems, communications networks and equipment.
- Review, approve and negotiate major contracts for computing, information technology and communications services and equipment. Maintain contact with IT suppliers and maintain knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreements to minimize the investment required to meet established service levels. Evaluate alternatives, perform appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommend solutions that maximize effectiveness and minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
- Oversee the development, design and implementation of new applications and changes to existing enterprise computer systems.
- Identify and assess new or emerging technologies to determine potential value for the company, and determine plans to introduce or integrate as appropriate.
- Responsible for the development, review and certification of all back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.
- Motivate IT personnel to progress in their positions, develop skills and expand current knowledge. Plan for appropriate training to ensure that company maintains pace with technological progress and evolves with changing business requirements.
- Develop, track and effectively control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full array of benefit plans