Domestic Account Executive (ORD/CLE)
Date of Posting:
Location: Chicago, IL or Cleveland, OH
Mohawk Global Logistics is seeking a Domestic Account Executive for its Chicago or Cleveland Office. This individual must be able to function and multitask in a fast-paced 3PL environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent written, verbal, communication, computer-based & organizational skills, be self-motivated and will possess the following characteristics: Integrity, Entrepreneurship, Initiative & Commitment and be Customer & Team Focused.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibilities include but not limited to marketing third party logistics services, including LTL, FTL, Expedite, Air, Warehousing and Distribution.
- In depth knowledge of 3PL operations, including the domestic LTL, and FTL spot market.
- Develop business prospects and client base as well as maintain current client accounts.
- Contact business prospects and perform sales calls on new and existing clients.
- Cross selling to convert current Import/Export client base to using Mohawk’s Domestic service.
- Create and deliver sales proposals to key prospects and clients.
- Obtain and maintain complete & accurate information on prospective and existing clients in contact management database.
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques in securing profitable business across all products.
- Use sales presentation tools (e.g. PowerPoint).
- Work as a teammate with other members of the Mohawk team.
- Clearly communicate the development of potential business throughout the sales cycle.
- Report sales activity on a weekly basis to management.
- Perform all administrative obligations within assigned deadlines.
- Uncover new opportunities within potential and existing clients
- Work as a teammate
- Ensure proper account set-up
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner
- Conduct face to face meetings with potential and existing clients
- Manage a portfolio of existing and potential customer with emphasis on 10 target clients
- Proven success in gaining new business through prospecting.
- Proven sales experience in a domestic truck brokerage/3PL environment.
- Client/Prospect facing and Carrier sales experience.
- Good presentation & business writing skills.
- Solid verbal communication and an aggressive drive as well as commitment to develop and grow a client base.
- Ability to interact effectively with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Self motivated individual with a high level of enthusiasm.
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrates strong problem solving capabilities.
- Knowledge of supply chain management and knowledge of the domestic 3PL industry.
- Experience in using PowerPoint for presentations.
- Ability to use consultative selling to secure and maintain business.
- Must understand impact of revenue on the profit and loss statement.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
Ability to operate a computer, printer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine, and calculator.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
Close mental and visual attention required to perform a variety of tasks dealing primarily with preparing data and figures, using a computer terminal, and/or extensive reading of orders and spreadsheets.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full array of benefit plans
Contact: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org