Date of Posting:
Location: Chicago, IL
Who We Are: Mohowk Global Logistics is a 175+ person team of logistics and trade specialists dedicated to fulfilling the supply chain needs of our customers with a strong emphasis on customs brokerage, domestic and international transportation, trade compliance, education, and consulting. Our business practices are driven and exhibited daily by our three core values: to ENRICH purposefully, to CARE personally and to DELIVER professionally. To learn more about our core values and what makes us truly unique in our industry, please click here.
We pride ourselves in being a highly employee-centric organization that truly puts our people (and customers) first! At Mohawk, these aren’t just words, they are a demonstrable value that we put into action by our behaviors each day. We have been certified as a “Great Place To Work” for the past five years…see what our greatest assets, our people, have to say about us here: Mohawk Global Logistics – A Great Place to Work!
In addition to a top-notch work culture, we also offer a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision plans, as well as generous paid time off, fitness rewards and a 30% unlimited 401K match…WOW!
Due to ongoing organizational growth, we are currently seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual to contribute to our team as a full-time, Export Coordinator in our Chicago, IL office!
- Communicate promptly and effectively with managers, co-workers and customers
- Accurately prepare air & ocean export quotations
- Coordinate air export shipments and all related tasks
- Coordinate ocean export shipments and all related tasks
- Complete routings with all appropriate documents
- Accurately prepare all export related documentation
- Prepare and forward accurate and timely billing to clients
- Manage client and vendor profiles
- Develop understanding all aspects of MGL Intl. Trade Services
- Participate in new and recurrent training (IAC, IATA DG Training)
- 2-3 years export experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written
- Associates Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred; major/concentration in logistics, supply chain, business, accounting or other applicable field of study preferred
- Creative thinking/problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to multi-take and make quick decisions in a fast-paced, ever changing work environment
- Possess a working knowledge of standard Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
- Possess an analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports and correspondence
- Working knowledge of CargoWise logistics platform preferred
Ideal candidates will possess the following attributes:
- A genuine passion and commitment to putting the interests of our Mohawk family and our customers first!
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain management (practical and/or academic)
- A mindset that is highly attentive to accuracy and details
- Appreciation for the value of productive team-work as well as individual accountability
- The ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.