Date of Posting:
Location: Cleveland, OH
- Report to the General Manager.
- General supervision of staff in export department. Supervise relationships with agents and suppliers on daily basis. Negotiating rates and service with the airlines, SS-lines, co-loaders, and truckers.
- Oversee rates, quotes, and billing process. Ensure rating of files is done correctly, and that billing is done in timely manner.
- Design and provide reports for internal and external purposes.
- Ensure that the department is growing in revenue.
- Audit files for accuracy.
- Establish department goals and measure performance by tracking of goals. Improve on current procedures and audit work. Streamline workflow in export department.
- Train, coach, mentor, guide and evaluate staff’s overall logistics knowledge.
- Negotiate contracts with steamship lines, airlines, and a variety of logistics providers.
- Create and maintain user manuals, air and ocean rate books for export staff.
- Maintain active part in assisting partners in revenue growth through direct sales contact.
- Provide Sales and clients with accurate, timely quotations.
- Maintain and promote with staff a working knowledge of export compliance and control regulations.
- B.S./B.A. college education or equivalent logistics experience.
- Experience in sales and negotiations pertaining to contract and rate negotiations in the logistics industry.
- Possess an analytical ability to gather and summarize data for reports and correspondence.
- Ability to motivate staff to achieve common goals.
- Possess and ability to maintain a cooperative work environment.
- Responsible, hardworking, self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize work and balance work loads of staff.
- Ability to find solutions to various problems.
- Effective planning, assessing and executing abilities.
- Possess an ability to fairly evaluate and constructively promote staff progress and growth, through annual performance evaluations.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full array of benefit plans
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org