Export Supervisor (ORD)
Date of Posting:
Location: Chicago, IL
Mohawk Global Logistics is seeking an Export Supervisor for our Chicago office. A successful applicant for this role will have the exciting opportunity to build Export Air and Ocean departments in a fast paced and rapidly growing environment. Upon starting, the Export Supervisor will be responsible for learning Mohawk Global culture, executing shipments at a file level, and on-boarding new clients in a compliant manner. The successful individual will also work with branch and regional leadership to craft a department vision while fostering client growth by delivering world class customer service. The Export Supervisor will be responsible for the Export P&L, and therefore responsible for recruiting and hiring supporting operations personnel as required by department growth. As the team grows, it is expected that the Export Supervisor will earn an Export Manger position with job responsibilities that evolve to focus primarily on coaching (talent development), planning, and leading a team while developing strong relationships with export clients and prospects. The successful applicant will also be responsible for export and TSA compliance within the Chicago office, and will need to be comfortable working with corporate compliance as required.
- Develop vision for Chicago Export Operations program that is focused on compliance, customer satisfaction, profitability, and Mohawk Global’s values.
- Master Cargowise export platform and drive innovative solution design for existing and prospective clients
- Execute files until department growth sustains further staffing
- Serve as the operation escalation for task completion, troubleshooting, issue resolution, and solution design for active customer portfolio
- Support sales team in new business acquisition by service as export subject matter expert
- Promote a culture and working environment that embraces Mohawk Global values in order to meet the needs of our employees and customers, resulting in high employee engagement and customer satisfaction
- Set the example for others to follow regarding knowledge and application of US Export as well as TSA rules and regulations.
- Exercise responsible supervision and control of the export business conducted by Mohawk Global Chicago office
- Work with corporate compliance to maintain and enforce standard procedures compliance controls at the branch level
- Play major role in recruitment, on-boarding, and continuous development of best in class export department talent
- Operate export air and ocean files in a compliant manner while delivering a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Respond to, prepare, deliver, and follow up on client export quote requests
- Ensure timely completion of all shipment milestones with keen focus on data integrity
- Work with regional resources to develop agent and carrier relationships. Work with agent and carriers to procure spot rates and client specific pricing as needed to secure new business.
- Establish department goals and measure performance by tracking of goals.
- Following procedures for CargoWise/GlobalLink system
- Support the implementation of standard service levels
- Provide all new clients with a world class on-boarding experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written.
- Four-year college education AND experience in export forwarding
- Knowledge of US Export and TSA rules and regulations
- Hazmat Certification or willingness to obtain
- Strong analytical skills, ability to glean and share knowledge from data sets
- Expert knowledge of all Microsoft Office programs
- Cargowise experience
- Experience in sales and negotiations pertaining to contract and rate negotiations in the logistics industry.
- Ability to motivate teams to achieve common goals
- Possess and ability to maintain a cooperative work environment.
- Ability to have fun at work
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full array of benefit plans
Contact: Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com