Import CHB Coordinator
Date of Posting:
Location: Syracuse, NY
Mohawk Global Logistics is looking for an Import CHB Coordinator for our Syracuse, NY location. This candidate must possess the following characteristics:
- Be Comfortable operating in a highly collaborative environment.
- Must possess integrity, be accountable and deliver work in a manner that emulates Mohawk’s mission to Enrich, Care & Deliver.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to remain calm, helpful, and productive in all situations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized individual with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to listen and accurately convey computer technologies and difficulties.
- Be self-motivated with a general eagerness and ability to take on new technology challenges and opportunities.
- Receive paperwork from the Transport department
- Verify all documents within the file
- Determine proper tariff classification, dutiable values and applicable duties and fees for products imported into the United States
- Problem solve, ask questions of importers, U.S. Customs & Border Protection and Other Government Agencies
- Data entry into system
- Inform delivering parties of customs clearance, delivery instructions and required information
- Ensure all ACH duty payments are paid timely
- Finalize files with billing charges, complete billing invoice and file completed folder away
- Coordinator will be expected to handle other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent required
- Basic knowledge of U.S. Customs & Border Protection and Other Government Agency regulations
Mohawk is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org