Date of Posting:
Location: Chicago, IL
- Speak to customers in a highly professional manor while helping them navigate the complexities of international shipping
- Instruct Agent offices in the handling of Mohawk shipments according to standard operating procedures
- Build and maintain shipments in CargoWise, ensuring high quality data input and milestone completion perfection
- Analyze buy rates and sell rates, and choose carrier that maximize service and profit
- Regularly update shipments to ensure clients know where shipments are at all times
- Arrange Customs clearance and delivery to customer facilities
- Take proactive and proper action whenever needed to avoid delays or problems
- Prepare reports and/or advise clients of shipment status
- Rate files in accordance with client rates
- Audit P&L statements and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Finalize files with billing charges, complete billing invoice
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years’ experience in import freight forwarding, with at least one year operating in CargoWise
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Positive attitude
- Intermediate knowledge of International Transportation as well as U.S. Customs and Border Protection and other government agency regulations
- Experience filing customs entries for import shipments
- Strong Excel knowledge, high degree of comfort around computers
- Ability to analyze data to support client needs
- Outgoing personality and desire to eventually work in a sales related capacity
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be self-motivated and able to prioritize
- Needs organizational skills, ability to multi-task, and must be very detail oriented
- Must be able to resolve problems in all aspects of job
- Have an open mind to accept changing work environment
Equipment, Machines and Software Used
Ability to operate a computer, printer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine, and calculator.
Mental and Physical Requirements
Close mental and visual attention required to perform a variety of tasks dealing primarily with preparing data and figures, using a computer terminal, and/or extensive reading of orders and spreadsheets.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, talk, hear, reach, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, or feel, and perform repetitive motions of hands and/or wrists.
No or very limited physical effort required.
Work is performed in an office and/or remote environment where there is no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.