India Logistics Leader
Date of Posting:
Location: Chicago, IL
Mohawk Global Logistics’ Chicago office has an immediate opening for an India Logistics Leader to support our goal of becoming the Midwest’s premier India Import freight forwarder. The India Team Lead will be responsible for providing operations support, customer service, and subject matter expertise to importers and suppliers involved in transporting freight from India to the United States. A successful applicant will have strong knowledge of import freight operations and customs brokerage, with substantial experience dealing with Indian shippers. Substantial knowledge of Indian geography, transportation networks, business culture, and carrier preferences will be critical to success in this role. Applicants must be comfortable hosting and participating in conference calls with our Indian agent and clients.
- Process import ocean shipments for clients moving freight from India to the United States while providing excellent customer service. Including:
- Instruct agents and vendors in handling of Mohawk client freight
- Trace and Track of shipments to final destination
- Arrange clearance and delivery to customer facilities
- Take proactive and proper action whenever needed to avoid delays or problems
- Prepare reports and advise clients of shipment status
- Rate files in accordance with client rates
- Audit P&L statements and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Finalize files with billing charges, complete billing invoice
- Develop strong relationships with clients moving cargo between India and the US, serving as a trusted advisor on Indian transportation
- Ensure file level profitability by collaborating with India trade lane leadership on carrier cost and customer sell negotiations
- Analyze client shipping patters and provide recommendations for optimization and cost avoidance
- Ensure freight moves in compliance with all Mohawk procedures and policies
- Work with sales to create client specific SOPs for new trade lane clients
- Recruit, train, and develop new India team members as business growth requires
Four-year degree with course of study in Supply Chain Management or business related field
- Two years of experience of Supply Chain Management in India
- Two years of experience working with transportation and import logistics operations
- Two years experience managing a logistics group
- Two years experience with the Indian logistics market
- Fluency in English, Hindi and Gujarati
- CCS accreditation and/or Transportation experience preferred
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with US Customs and/or Air or Ocean Transportation
- Knowledge of Air & Ocean Rules/Regulations.
- Ability to oversee a group of people and delegate workload
- Problem Solving & analytical skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skill
- Must be able to multitask
- Maintain a positive attitude and great team spirit
- Passion to learn and lead by example
- Role model
Equipment, Machines and Software Used
Ability to operate a computer, printer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine, and calculator.
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Close mental and visual attention required to perform a variety of tasks dealing primarily with preparing data and figures, using a computer terminal, and/or extensive reading of orders and spreadsheets.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, stand, walk, talk, hear, reach, use hands to finger, grasp, handle, or feel, and perform repetitive motions of hands and/or wrists.
- No or very limited physical effort required.
Work is performed in an office and remote environment where there is no substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
- This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- The company reserves the right to add to or revise an employee’s job duties at any time at its sole discretion.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com