Key Account Manager (EWR)
Date of Posting:
Location: Edison, NJ
Mohawk Global Logistics is seeking a Key Account Manager for Sales in our Edison, NJ office. This individual must be able to function and multitask in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent written, verbal, communication and computer-based skills as well. Knowledge of supply chain management and knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry is required.
- Operate as the lead point of contact for strategic matters specific to your customers
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
- Create, manage and track/report key account metrics & KPI’s
- Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
- Work closely with operations, branch management and corporate departments to ensure the assigned clients receive industry leading service
- Marketing end-to-end logistics inclusive of air and ocean, import, export, consulting and domestic services
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques in securing profitable business across all products
- Work as a teammate with other members of the Mohawk team
- Manage and strive to grow revenue for assigned clients
- Work with MGL accounting to ensure receivables are within agreed credit terms.
- Onboarding new business to operations. Work directly with team to transition new business into operations.
- Quarterly Business Review preparation for clients
- Creating reports for clients based on needs and expectations.
- Developing SOP’s, maintaining and ensuring up to date.
- Proven account management or other relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization, including executives
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to think strategically and demonstrates strong problem-solving capabilities
- Knowledge of supply chain management and knowledge of the transportation and logistics industry
- Ability to use consultative selling to secure and maintain business.
- Must understand impact of revenue on the profit and loss statement.
- Understand business principles and language, including the fundamentals of finance and profitability. Use this understanding to achieve results and to increase the performance and profitability of our company.
- Challenge self and others to exceed standards and achieve extraordinary results striving for best-in-class.
- Customs Broker License or relevant experience
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
- Provide leadership
- Administer an accurate and up to date sales pipeline
- Communicate upcoming wins and losses with Management Team
- Uncover new opportunities within assigned clients
- Review weekly reporting and manage opportunities
- Work as a teammate and leader
- Communicate with internal and external customers in a clear and concise manner
- Conduct face to face meetings with assigned clients
- Identify and understand each client’s needs and act on desire to assist clients in and efficient and friendly manner.
- Have a holistic mindset and stay abreast of important trends that may affect our competitiveness as a provider. Manage the business, giving priority to the inter-national position of our company.
- Develop and communicate strategies and goals that achieve competitive advantage.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of the organization’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
- Contributes to an environment where people at all levels stand up for their ideas and where the status quo can always be challenged for the better.
- Customer focus
- Initiative and commitment
- Communication skills
- Team focused
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
Ability to operate a computer, printer, telephone, photocopier, fax machine, and calculator.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
Close mental and visual attention required to perform a variety of tasks dealing primarily with preparing data and figures, using a computer terminal, and/or extensive reading of orders and spreadsheets.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full array of benefit plans