Regional Manager, Domestic (ORD)
Date of Posting:
Location: Chicago, IL
Mohawk Global Logistics is seeking a Regional Manager for our Domestic Services in our Chicago office. This individual must be able to function and multitask in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will have excellent written, verbal, communication and computer-based skills and the ability to think outside the box.
A successful applicant for the role of Regional Manager, Domestic Services, with Mohawk Global Logistics’ Midwest Region will have the exciting opportunity to provide operations leadership to both customer and carrier focused team members in fast paced and rapidly growing environment. The Midwest Region is a core growth area for Mohawk Global, and includes the extremely freight rich territory of the U.S. Heartland, with current regional offices in Cleveland and Chicago, and future expansion planned. The Regional Manager will be responsible for ensuring delivery of excellent customer service in a profitable and compliant manner. The successful candidate will have demonstrated success in FTL and LTL operations as well as customer sales and carrier development in a 3PL environment.
Upon starting, the Regional Manager will be responsible for embracing Mohawk Global culture and ensuring business is conducted in a manner consistent with our core values: CARE, DELIVER, ENRICH.
This role is based in Chicago.
- Creating vision for, and leading progress towards, midwest growth and expansion of domestic service P&L that includes FTL, LTL, Domestic AIr, Expedite, Special Equipment, Intermodal, and Warehouse and Distribution services
- General Management of domestic staff in the region. Oversight and development of Freight Coordinators, Domestic Specialsts and Senior Domestic Specialists.
- Developing and maintaining strong customer and carrier relationships
- Sourcing new providers and supporting outside sales as a subject matter expert
- Supporting international freight division through cross selling initiatives AND domestic freight moves for existing international clients
- Establishing division goals in compliment to Mohawk Global corproate goals; tracking and reporting on progress to executive leaderhip
- Improve on current procedures and audit work. Streamline workflow in domestic department.
- Establish regional goals and measure performance by tracking of goals. Improve on current procedures and audit work. Streamline workflow in regional domestic department.
- Work with international account executives to gain domestic business at current and prospective international accounts.
- Interface with corporate domestic counterparts to ensure regional operations and sales are aligned with corporate vision.
- Establish and implement a strategic 5-year plan for double digit growth in the region
- Covering loads and moving freight as required by business needs
- Recruiting and developing talent
- Assist and support sales for domestic division
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with strategic partners across the organization.
- Degree in Business and 6 years related experience, OR 10 years of related experience
- Management experience
- 3PL Operations experience.
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full array of benefit plans