Senior Import Specialist - Licensed Customs Broker (CHB/LCB)
Date of Posting:
Location: Edison, NJ
Who We Are: Mohowk Global Logistics is a 175+ person team of logistics and trade specialists dedicated to fulfilling the supply chain needs of our customers with a strong emphasis on customs brokerage, domestic and international transportation, trade compliance, education, and consulting. Our business practices are driven and exhibited daily by our three core values: to ENRICH purposefully, to CARE personally and to DELIVER professionally. To learn more about our core values and what makes us truly unique in our industry, please click here.
We pride ourselves in being a highly employee-centric organization that truly puts our people (and customers) first! At Mohawk, these aren’t just words, they are a demonstrable value that we put into action by our behaviors each day. We have been certified as a “Great Place To Work” for the past five years…see what our greatest assets, our people, have to say about us here: Mohawk Global Logistics – A Great Place to Work!
In addition to a top-notch work culture, we also offer a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision plans, as well as generous paid time off, fitness rewards and a 30% unlimited 401K match…WOW!
Due to ongoing organizational growth, we are currently seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual to contribute to our team as a full-time, Senior Import CHB Specialist in our Edison, NJ office!
- Handles 100% CHB & ISF auditing for the Edison, NJ office
- Onboarding POA & Sub-POA coordination with the Compliance department
- New client set-ups
- Assists with training all new hires on compliance/CHB
- Provides tariff classification to new and current clients
- Assists with resolving issues with Customs and Government Agencies
- Process daily ACH duty statements and ensure timely payment
- Process reports based on client needs
- Data entry into system
- Finalize files with billing charges, complete billing invoice and file completed folder away
- Specialist will be expected to handle other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, not required
- Currently licensed Customs House Broker (CHB, LCB), required
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of industry experience, experience in customs compliance is preferred
- Other related industry certification(s) or license(s) are preferred but not required
Ideal candidates will possess the following attributes:
- A genuine passion and commitment to putting the interests of our Mohawk family and our customers first!
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain management (practical and/or academic)
- A mindset that is highly attentive to accuracy and details
- Appreciation for the value of productive team-work as well as individual accountability
- The ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org