Syracuse Rail Operations
Date of Posting:
Location: Syracuse, NY
- Work with Import Operations to balance sizes and volume of incoming containers to Syracuse
- Ensure Chassis sizes and volume are sufficient to handle inbound flow
- Work with local trucker to arrange street turn of import container to export
- Arrange drop and pick pools
- Forecast when containers are available for Export use.
- Track chassis usage and provide chassis and any other fee amounts to Imports and Exports for billing
- Track inventory through chassis supplier’s reporting tools. Set up inventory controls.
- Interface with Trucker and M&R facility to maintain and repair chassis fleet as needed.
- Site visits to CSX and pooling yard(s) in and around Syracuse as needed.
Skills and Attributes: Must be creative, well-rounded, and experienced operator who can make decisions as required to keep imports, exports and chassis pool fluid. A working knowledge of trucking, intermodal routings, and detention and demurrage practices is a plus.
Experience and Education
Degree in Business or 5 years of equivalent experience.
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full array of benefit plans
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org