Talent Acquisition Specialist
Date of Posting:
Location: Syracuse, NY
Excellent opportunity for a dedicated talent acquisition and development specialist to provide full-cycle sourcing and execute a well-defined recruiting strategy across Mohawk’s 7 offices. Responsible for coordinating all aspects of recruitment, including sourcing candidates from multiple recruitment channels, screening candidates, conducting interviews in collaboration with hiring managers, extending job offers, and facilitating our new hire on-boarding. The selected candidate will need to be organized, flexible, able to multi-task, and represent Mohawk Global as an employer of choice, certified Great Place to Work. This position requires strong relationship building skills and a passion for securing the best talent and a willingness to embrace and communicate Mohawk’s core values of Enrich, Care & Deliver with all candidates and new hires.
- Partner with managers on organizational needs, position specifications, search strategy, and the assessment process.
- Schedule interviews (phone, in-person, and video); work through complex schedules in multiple locations including Chicago, IL, Cleveland, OH, Edison, NJ, and Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, NY, to determine availability for candidates and the hiring team.
- Post positions on appropriate recruitment channels, including company website, LinkedIn, Indeed, search firms, etc.
- Proactively source candidates using LinkedIn Recruiter.
- Review applications and filter for qualified candidates.
- Coordinate interview schedules with hiring managers; partner with hiring managers to interview candidates.
- Utilize Caliper assessment tool as a component of the selection process and administer background checks for all candidates.
- Provide regular feedback on search status and give guidance to hiring managers on interviews, selection, and placement of new hires.
- Collaborate with GM’s and Chief People Officer on new hire compensation.
- Prepare and extend job offers to selected candidates.
- Collaborate with HR team to establish new hire on-boarding schedule for selected candidates.
- Prepare new hire documents for payroll on-boarding.
- Provide reporting and analytics for recruitment metrics.
- Assist in development and administration of corporate wide internship recruitment program.
- Utilize ADP Workforce Now for requisitions, job postings, candidate flow and onboarding.
Skills and Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and sustain excellent workplace relationships.
- A strong ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality, tact, and professionalism.
- Must be detail-oriented, possess strong organizational skills, and be adept at multi-tasking without sacrificing quality.
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal.
- MS Office suite skills required.
- Team player with a strong desire to succeed; self-motivated and willing to take on challenges.
Experience and Education
- Minimum of 5 + years related human resources and recruitment experience.
- Preference will be given to individuals who have knowledge and experience using ADP Workforce Now and LinkedIn Recruiter to manage recruitment and onboarding processes.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred
Salary & Benefits
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Full array of benefit plans
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com