Director/Manager, Regulatory Compliance & Customs Brokerage
Date of Posting:
Location: Chicago, IL; Cleveland, OH; Syracuse, NY; Rochester, NY; Albany, NY; Buffalo, NY; Edison, NJ
The Director/Manager of Regulatory Compliance & Customs Brokerage will serve as Mohawk’s subject matter expert in these respective areas. The successful individual must be highly organized, highly analytical and be prepared to lead Mohawk’s compliance team through its next phase of growth as it aligns with the overall expansion of the Company.
- Develop and communicate the Mohawk Global Logistics compliance program for imports and exports
- Develop and maintain a compliance program that is aligned with our core values ensuring our team is consistently developing and able to provide our clients expertise
- Ensure an experienced and informed team by providing employees with updated training on all aspects of trade compliance, in the most cost-effective manner
- Lead and develop the corporate compliance team to enable them to support the branches in all compliance related matters
- Work closely with corporate and branch leadership to identify areas of risk and in need of support by the compliance team
- Monitor U.S. government programs and regulatory requirements, developments, plan and implement internal programs/policies that will ensure MGL’s standing with U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) as a low risk broker/forwarder
- Work directly with the management team to respond to all official government inquiries, supply chain security issues, requests for information and/or focused assessments of MGL business processes and controls. Implement business best practices and operational changes as appropriate
- Ensure that client alerts are sent, in a timely manner, changes/updates to regulations and requirements for imports/exports
- Create and/or purchase export/import compliance forms, tools, templates and performance reports to support and measure a high level of service to all customers globally
- Develop Customs Brokerage product in conjunction with operations and sales to better leverage brokerage only opportunities
- Manage the MGL ACE Portal Account and support clients who need assistance setting up and navigating their ACE Portal Accounts
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedures covering trade compliance in accordance with the MGL compliance program
- Function as corporate spokesperson for MGL with U.S. Customs and Border Protection, Bureau of Industry and Security and other government agencies as they relate to customs and global trade issues
- Introduce current clients and prospects to customs brokerage product
- Develop and present seminars for clients and the business community. (Regulatory Compliance and Customs Brokerage)
- Work with CFO and operational leadership to encourage clients to participate in programs such as PMS.
- Be active with the NCBFAA and become involved with the NCBFAA customs committee
- Work closely with MGTA team to develop shared resources to support internal and external compliance/consulting projects
- Meeting with government agencies as needed
- Measuring and suggesting improvements of MGL’s ISF filing status for clients
- Coordinating seminars on a monthly or quarterly basis
- Conducting regular presentations to current and prospective clients
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain or similar, or minimum 10 years U.S. regulatory import, export trade compliance experience
- Current U.S. Customs Broker License
- Complete understanding of U.S. Customs and Border Protection Regulations (19 CFR), including knowledge of Customs valuation and classification under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the U.S.
- Understand country-of-origin and marking issues, record keeping requirements, and supply chain security regulations as they relate to imports
- Experience working with appropriate U.S. international trade regulatory agencies, including U.S. Customs
- Experience developing a formal trade compliance program with a global organization
- Job title of Manager or Director is dependent on level of experience and education
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle many priorities simultaneously
- Ability to deal with many cultures
- Maintain composure in stressful situations
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Mohawk Global Logistics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.