Domestic Freight Transport Coordinator
Date of Posting:
Location: Buffalo, NY
Who We Are: Mohowk Global Logistics is a 175+ person team of logistics and trade specialists dedicated to fulfilling the supply chain needs of our customers with a strong emphasis on customs brokerage, domestic and international transportation, trade compliance, education, and consulting. Our business practices are driven and exhibited daily by our three core values: to ENRICH purposefully, to CARE personally and to DELIVER professionally.
We pride ourselves in being a highly employee-centric organization that truly puts our people (and customers) first! At Mohawk, these aren’t just words, they are a demonstrable value that we put into action by our behaviors each day. We have been certified as a “Great Place To Work” for the past five years!
In addition to a top-notch work culture, we also offer a competitive benefits package which includes medical, dental and vision plans, as well as generous paid time off, fitness rewards and a 30% unlimited 401K match…WOW!
Due to ongoing organizational growth, we are currently seeking a motivated and detail-oriented individual to contribute to our team as a full-time, Domestic Freight Transport Coordinator in our Buffalo, NY office!
- Reports directly to the Domestic Supervisor
- Prepare domestic quotations for clients
- Coordinate all aspects of client & carrier setup
- Profitably arrange shipments using contracted carriers
- Maximize brokerage coverage with carriers
- Perform tracking & tracing of customer freight
- Provide timely status updates to customers
- Ensure shipments are properly dispatched daily
- Complete routings with all appropriate documents
- Negotiate with trucking companies to select carriers
- Follow up on cargo around the clock as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
- Associates Degree required; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Major/concentration in logistics, supply chain, business, accounting or other applicable field of study preferred
- Excellent written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Creative thinking/problem solving skills
- Ability to relate well with customers
- Strong analytical abilities
- Strong computer skills: MS Office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Data entry & management
- Basic understanding of transportation industry
- STA and TSA/IAC certification
- Some initial experience preferred
- Carrier following a plus
Ideal candidates will possess the following attributes:
- A genuine passion and commitment to putting the interests of our Mohawk family and our customers first!
- Knowledge of logistics and supply chain management (practical and/or academic)
- A mindset that is highly attentive to accuracy and details
- Appreciation for the value of productive team-work as well as individual accountability
- The ability to effectively multi-task and work in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Mohawk is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or veteran status.