The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative (USTR) will extended the third set of products exclusions for list 1 of Section 301 to April 18, 2021—according to the Federal Register notice, which is set to be published April 10, 2020.
These exclusions are available for any product that meets the description in the Annex, regardless of whether the importer filed an exclusion request.
- roller machines designed for cutting, etching, or embossing paper, foil, or fabric, manually powered (described in HTSUS 8420.10.9080)
- ratchet winches designed for use with textile fabric strapping (described in HTSUS 8425.39.0100)
- counterweight castings of iron or steel designed for use on forklift and other works trucks (described in HTSUS 8431.20.0000)
- tines, carriages, and other goods handling apparatus and parts designed for use on forklift and other works trucks (described in HTSUS 8431.20.0000)
- certain parts of metal shredders (described in HTSUS 8479.90.9496)
- steering wheels designed for watercraft (described in HTSUS 8479.90.9496)
- pipe brackets of aluminum designed for installation into air brake control valves (described in HTSUS 8481.90.9040)
- instruments for measuring or checking voltage or electrical connections (described in HTSUS 9030.33.3800)
Alternatively, the rest of the product exclusions granted in April 2019 are not being extended and will expire April 18, 2020, which means these products will incur the 25 percent additional tariff.
- pumps for countertop appliances for serving beer (described in HTSUS 8413.19.0000)
- water oxidizers and chlorinators (described in HTSUS 8421.21.0000)
- continuous action elevators and conveyors designed to convey mineral materials (described in HTSUS 8428.33.0000)
- parts of drill sharpening machines (described in HTSUS 8466.93.9885)
- outer shells of hydraulic accumulators (described in HTSUS 8479.90.9496)
- parts of mechanical awnings and shades (described in HTSUS 8479.90.9496)
- pressure regulators of brass or bronze (described in HTSUS 8481.10.0090)
- push pins and C-poles of steel designed for use in variable force solenoid valves (described in HTSUS 8481.90.9040)
- ball bearings of a width not exceeding 30 mm (described in HTSUS 8482.10.5032)
- inductor baseplates of aluminum (described in HTSUS 8504.90.9690)
- parts of soldering irons and soldering machines (described in HTSUS 8515.90.4000)
- motor vehicle gear shift switch assemblies (described in HTSUS 8536.50.9065)
- pressure switches designed for use in heat pumps and air-conditioning condensers (described in HTSUS 8536.50.9065)
If you have any questions on how this may impact you, please reach out to your Mohawk Global representative.