The International Trade Administration is reviewing antidumping duty rates for Chinese wooden bedroom furniture imported during 2009 (case number A-570-890).
If you imported these products at any point last year (Jan 1–Dec 31, 2009), your Chinese supplier must complete additional paperwork to keep you from
- paying higher antidumping rates on the imported goods
- losing the chance to obtain lower rates on the imported goods
- losing previously assigned lower rates on the imported goods
To avoid these unpleasant consequences, it is critical that you get your shippers to respond. Here’s what you should do.
If your goods were previously assigned a separate, lower antidumping rate…
1) See Group I (pgs 1-4) of this pdf for a list of affected Chinese companies.
2) Make sure your Chinese supplier completes and submits a Separate Rate Certification form to the International Trade Administration by April 5 to avoid losing your lower rate.
Download the Separate Rate Certification form at:
If your goods were not assigned a separate antidumping rate…
1) See Group II (pgs 4-5) of this pdf for a list of affected Chinese companies.
2) Make sure your Chinese supplier completes and submits a Separate Rate Application form to the International Trade Administration by May 3. It is possible, based on administrative review, that you may be eligible for a lower antidumping rate than the China-wide rate (216.01%).
Download the Separate Rate Application form at:
If your Chinese supplier receives a questionnaire from the International Trade Administration…
The top 20 Chinese companies with the highest value of exports to the U.S. will be mailed a quantity and value questionnaire from the International Trade Administration. These must be returned to the Administration by March 23. Make sure your supplier meets the deadline.
Still have questions?
Mohawk Global Logisitcs
Licensed Customs Brokers, Certified Customs Specialists
T (315) 552-5409 OR (585) 426-0340
T (315) 552-5437
T (585) 426-0340
T (716) 332-0414
International Trade Administration
T (202) 482-2769