The Obama Administration recently revealed it’s newest export growth strategy, aptly titled, NEXT.
NEXT, a continuation of the National Export Initiative (NEI), is a long-term strategy to beef up U.S. exports by connecting American businesses to the resources needed to enter/expand into new global markets.
NEI/NEXT’s key objectives are:
- Connecting more U.S. businesses to their NEXT GLOBAL CUSTOMER with industry-specific information and tailored assistance.
- Making the NEXT INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENT easier and less expensive, through efforts to streamline U.S. government export-related services, reporting requirements and processes, and speeding American goods to more markets through domestic infrastructure improvements.
- Expanding access to finance for U.S. businesses’ NEXT EXPORT TRANSACTION, helping more exporters obtain financing to meet international demand, and ensuring more companies know what products and services are available to reduce risk and export to new markets with confidence.
- Promoting exports and foreign direct investment attraction as the NEXT ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT PRIORITY in communities and regions across the country.
- Creating, fostering and ensuring U.S. business’ NEXT GLOBAL OPPORTUNITY by helping developing economies improve their business environments, opening new markets, and by establishing conditions and addressing trade barriers to allow more American exporters to compete and win abroad.
Read more about the specifics behind these objectives in NEI/NEXT Strategic Framework.