UPDATE: 5/27/21—YICT terminal in Yantian is extending its closed gate for outbound cargo to May 30, 23:59. Retrieval of inbound containers and empty pick up are not impacted. Laden acceptance will only allow shipments with vessel whose ETA is within four days. The implementation period for this new parameter is from May 28 to June 3.
Yantian Port has reported new COVID-19 cases. An international freighter boarding operator, was diagnosed as asymptomatic with COVID-19, Friday May 21. As of May 25, five confirm cases of COVID-19 have been detected. As a result, all terminal workers and citizens in the Yantian district are being tested for seven consecutive days.
This is how the port is being impacted:
- There is insufficient on-duty staff and business operations are slowing down.
- Laden inspection is being stopped from time to time, as there is not enough space to store laden containers at terminal.
- Traffic in Yantian area is heavily congested. Average queueing time at the port takes around seven to nine hours, some truckers have had to wait overnight.
YICT will suspend laden acceptance from May 25 until May 27. Vessel delays and sliding schedules have caused YICT storage to reach its limit. This is impacting the entire terminal operation and the port district is jammed with traffic.
- To lessen the pressure and to improve the current congested situation, YICT had announced the following measures:
- Effective from May 25, at 22:00 to May 27, at 23:59, laden acceptance for all export cargo will be suspended—import laden pick up and empty pick up will remain normal.
- On May 28, at 00:00, laden acceptance will resume as normal, but will only allow for shipments with vessels whose ETA is within four days. This is effective as of May 28 to June 03.
COVID-19 Cases on OOCL Antwerp
- Some of the crew on the OOCL Antwerp tested positive for COVID-19, therefore containers booked on the OOCL Antwerp will roll over to the next sailing on the OOCL New York.
- Subsequently, containers on the OOCL New York will rolled over to the OOCL Oakland.
- OOCL Oakland will not release with any space.
- OOCL Antwerp service PNW with capacity 5888 TEU, calling Shekou, Hong Kong, Yantian, Kaohsiung, Vancouver, Seattle, Busan.
Source: COHESION Freight Worldwide