Whether it’s ever-fluctuating tariffs, evolving trade agreements, new regulations or annual updates to the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, the trade industry is constantly changing.
You need confidence that you’re equipped with accurate information, so you can exercise the reasonable care and proper import documentation necessary to avoiding potentially serious financial consequences, seizures of cargo or even criminal-level penalties.
Mohawk Global Trade Advisors offers import consulting and long-term management of trade and compliance programs.
Are you struggling to classify your products? We can help. Our on-staff licensed Customs brokers have the experience and skill to classify goods in a wide variety of industries. MGTA will work with you to classify your products, or we’ll review your new and current classifications for accuracy and help you manage your classification database.
Import Compliance Audits
Discover where you’re most at risk for noncompliance.
Our Compliance Audits put your import operations under the microscope to uncover gaps in your company’s Customs compliance processes and transactional records. When we’re finished, you’ll receive a gap analysis report with our recommendations for improvement, allowing you to elevate your rate of compliance and reduce your risk of exposure to government penalties and fines.Comprehensive Audit
- Our Comprehensive Audit encompasses all areas of your import compliance program. It begins with your company structure, analyzing management commitment and identifying resources.
- These audits are limited in scope and can be combined to suit your needs: Recordkeeping Audit, Valuation Audit, and Country of Origin and Marking.
- Whether it’s a quick response or full-blown regulatory audit, our skilled and experienced import compliance team can help you survive a Customs audit.
Program Development and Manuals
Our compliance experts have years of practical experience dealing with government regulations for importers and imported goods. We know what it takes to build an effective and manageable import compliance program.
- Review and analysis of your existing import compliance program, which includes discovering gaps
- Written import compliance manuals customized to your business model
- Individual policies and procedures for classification, documentation, valuation, recordkeeping, free trade agreements and more
- Checklists, templates, forms and other tools to help your staff easily manage and maintain standard processes
- Training in all aspects of compliance for your key import staff
MGTA has the expertise in interacting with Governmental Agencies. Whether you need a Prior Disclosure, Protest, or Binding Ruling, the MGTA consultants have the experience to coordinate with your internal or external counsel, research, consolidate, and analyze data in order to advise, create, and manage the submission process through completion on your behalf.
Import Compliance Training
Learn from the best with import compliance training.
Educate your staff and strengthen your company’s import compliance with our on-site training sessions. All sessions include reference material, information handouts and certificates of completion for all participants.Training sessions